Thursday, May 14, 2009

funny.

okay, so i found an old "diary" from 1999-2000. i was in 5th/6th grade. these entries are pretty entertaining; i'm going to type them verbatim:

March 15, 1999

"Dear Journal,

Hi, how are you? I'm fine. Today I went to Washington D.C. I couldn't wait to get to the swimming pool. We had spaghetti for dinner. Well, I'll keep you updated.

Love,

Jillian Rochelle Anderson."

okay. this one might be my favorite because i was like, "here i am in washington d.c. with tons of monuments and historical significance, but mostly i wanted to go swimming in the hotel's pool." good thing i'm so cool. also, i talked to the diary. what was that all about?

here's another one:

May 26 1999

"Dear Journal,

I still have to admit, I kinda, not really, like you know who. I'm not gonna write his name 'cause if people read it, then they would know who i'm talking about. I also like 2 other guys. Sort of. Especially _ _ _ _ and _ _ _ _ _ _. Maybe not _ _ _ _ _ _ as much as _ _ _ _. but he's O.K. for a friend.


Love,
Jillian Rochelle Anderson"

man. i'm so glad i wrote out little spaces. apparently i was very worried someone would figure out who i had a crush on. now i'll never know.

hahaha...this one's good, too:

September 12, 2000

"Dear Journal,

Hey! Today was pretty boring. This morning was such a pain. I like my name. It's kinda original, yet, it is familiar. I have been looking bad lately. I mean, I'm not really, really, really ugly, but I'm definitely not Ms. America. But lately I have just looked so drab compared to everyone else. Okay, seeya later!

Love,
Jillian Rochelle Anderson
"

aaahaha. "it's kinda original, yet it is familiar?" oh geez. and i "looked so drab?" what had i been reading?

i don't know why i'm doing this...hahaha. but this is caitlin's favorite:

October 2, 2000

"Dear Journal,

You know what? Pre-teen or teenage years isn't what it's cracked up to be. I mean, it's harder than you think! I expected everything to be as smooth as a baby's butt. It's NOT."

Love,
Jillian Rochelle Anderson

P.S. I think Courtney hates me
."

what was wrong with me? hahaha. smooth as a baby's butt? and then i said, "i think courtney hates me" but didn't give any reason as to why. no details or explanations. don't worry courtney, i don't think you hate me now (:

anyway, i hope anyone who read this was amused. i know i was.

4 comments:

North148 said...

you wrote more then uncle jim. he had to write a journal for a week and all he put was
1. got up went to store got milk

he wrote that for a week we still chuckle at that at times...

Caitlin & Kyle said...

Yeah, you thought going to young women's would be a smooth as a baby's butt...hahahahahahahaa

Baker Family said...

jillian that is so funny! i am sure my old journals are not that far off :) DORKS! and i remember ending the entries "Love, Kristen"
werent we so thoughtful to tell ourselves in the future that we love ourselves?? ha.

Laura said...

Keep on writing! the best is yet to come