Thursday, October 13, 2011

Whirlwind.

Throughout the past few months I have accomplished quite a few things that I was not always sure were possible. It is good to think about the good things in my life. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Trident Technical College with an Associate's Degree in Applied Science: Human Services with concentrations in Gerontology, Family Intervention Studies, and Addictions. (See ya, Trident! Hello, Limestone.)



I have worked with a person with Alzheimer's disease; sharing and enjoying the wonderful moments that are given to us in life as well as remaining with him as things became difficult. I have come to lean on the gospel of Jesus Christ-- learned of the creation of the world, the plan of salvation, and of our eternal nature. It is my faith that allows me to view the hardships of this mortal world as a part of a greater plan. I know with all of my soul that these trials are only for a short time; that we are all children of our Heavenly Father who loves us very much.



I have become an aunt! A real-life aunt to my beautiful niece, Jessie. I adore her and cannot wait for her to visit us in South Carolina again.



I have a sister who is getting married next month. I don't know if it's quite gotten into my head yet, but I am truly happy for her and excited to have a new brother-in-law! (The only picture I have with them is one from my graduation so y'all get another gander at the getup.)



I have a supportive family who has helped me. I also have a special someone (whose name is Bryant) who listens to me and loves me. I may not get to see all of them as much as I would like but I am so grateful for them every day of my life. I tend to get caught up on all the hoopla that is life, but with all these good people around me, nothing is too bad. :)

1 comment:

bryant said...

hooray for life.. and me making da blog :)